Rhy's Blau Gran Cubic 238L (+25L Sump) New Tank!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
My mistake with the last post, i meant to say ''yellow tail wrasse'', the yellow fish in the pic is a goatfish (don't want one of those hehe). The yellow tail one is the black one with white spots and the yellow tail (very pretty) *drool*

The Wrasse is a Yellowtail Tamarin Wrasse (Anampses meleagrides). Must only be added to a well established tank with plenty of LR and live food available even then they can be hard to get feeding, if the fish won eat in the store then leave it. Its already doomed. They are very timid fish and will readily dart for cover.

Forgot to add http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/379620-yellowtail-tamarin-wrasse/

Any sign of the Gramma? Mine disappeared like that for a couple days then came out looking like crap, and very sick. He recovered fully in less than a week, and is looking healthier than ever!

Awesome your goby shrimp pair met up. I have never heard my pistol snap, but have seen it.. He is still quite small.

Looking really great by the way! Good job!

-Tyler

Yes Acropora (formosa at a guess - but I'm not an acropora expert)

I am so jealous of you clown pair! They remind me of a pair that I had - right down to the slightly orange mouth

Yes Acropora (formosa at a guess - but I'm not an acropora expert)

I am so jealous of you clown pair! They remind me of a pair that I had - right down to the slightly orange mouth

Oldie getting sentimental *cough cough cough*
shifty.gif

HeHe , Yes reminiscing is a sign of my age.

Trust you to notice & keep reminding me (I'm another year older as yesterday was my birthday!)

I can always get the school cane out for unruly students you know!

HeHe , Yes reminiscing is a sign of my age.

Trust you to notice & keep reminding me (I'm another year older as yesterday was my birthday!)

I can always get the school cane out for unruly students you know!

Happy birthday old timer! want me to buy you some old spice ? or socks? :p hahaha

only 1 way your gonna stop my unrulyness (< doubt thats a word lol) GET A NANO TANKKKKK ... i rest my case
laugh.gif

It is a word but is spelled unrulIness!

What's wrong with Old Spice? Henry Cooper used to wear it (Go on then...who is Henry Cooper/My Nan told me about him etc.)

Believe me I am working on the nano front ... no one did not turn up for my birthday, neither did the Harley Davidson, the husky puppy or the tattoo that I ordered either!

It is a word but is spelled unrulIness!

What's wrong with Old Spice? Henry Cooper used to wear it (Go on then...who is Henry Cooper/My Nan told me about him etc.)

Believe me I am working on the nano front ... no one did not turn up for my birthday, neither did the Harley Davidson, the husky puppy or the tattoo that I ordered either!

thanks for the lesson teach!

just because a famous boxer used to wear it does not make it cool lol (check out my knowledge ;))

the most important thing youve forgot on that list.... did you get SOCKS!? :p

what is the "new coral" i cant quite make it out :p maybe its cause im half asleep lol

Its a valida :) and doing well!

Tank in all is going very well, I gotta say I always feel like I'm posting updates in the past!

Here's the goby doing his thing
photo1-20.jpg

SInce that pic was taken, his cave suffered some serious collapse at the hands of some nassarius snails and the unfortunate occurence of left over food falling into the cave. I have seen the pistol re-dig the cave, but haven't seen the goby in a while *nerves*. Most shrimp goby deaths are attributed to cave collapse *true fact*

New frags have entered the tank (this hobby is money drain!)
photo2-19.jpg

No one happy after being put in main tank
photo3-17.jpg

photo4-17.jpg

photo5-12.jpg

photo1-21.jpg

And afterwards
Eating up a storm of marine snow
photo2-20.jpg

photo3-18.jpg

BLUE ZOAS
photo2-21.jpg

photo5-13.jpg

I'm taking all these with my phone so the colours suck but believe when I say they are amazing
photo-5.jpg

photo5-14.jpg

photo4-19.jpg

Love the pink ones, the pink is soooo bright. Not as nice as the peach ones but I have yet been able to get a pic of the peach ones that comes out nice

photo3-19.jpg

On a side note
Mr. 1'' crabby has been rehomed in the sump with 3 electric blue hermits and a turbo. He was getting very very brave, literally coming out at feeding time onto the rocks and just muching away at whatever he could catch. He looks like a very large emerald crab (but black) so I don't think he's too bad (ignoring the fact that he is an opportunistic eater ofc).
photo-4.jpg

Better pics next time, maybe I'll actually pull out the camera instead of my phone
photo3-19.jpg

Also:
Has anyone had any experience with observing a nocturnal creature in the tank that almost looks like a brittle star fish, I've seen two of these in my tank, what I can see are 5 thin 'tentacles' that are white with red stripes, opening only at night, out of holes in the rock. I'm thinking either some pest anemone, or some weird worm's mouth. Can't find any pics that match yet though....

Fed the anthias live food yesterday and zomg they went berserk! So I think I may treat them every now and then to some live food.

I have another update to post (new tankmates etc, when I get pics I'll update:) )
Current stock
3 resplendent anthias
3 wrasses (one green wrasse, one solar fairy wrasse and one surprise)
3 Goby's (one neon goby, one yellow watchman goby and one surprise)
2 Black clowns
Stay tuned

Ages since my last post! Apologies, was madddddd busy with work etc.

I keep taking photos and meaning to update but geez life happens I guess. Lots have changed!!!

3 resplendent anthias doing amazing, male is constantly flashing to the females and changing colour, very cool to look at.

3 wrasses have become 2 wrasses... the very large green wrasse (who has grown into a GIANT) is doing very well, when she comes out, its like a dragon rising from the depths. The other wrasse I have is a gorgeous six line, also doing well. The solar fairy wrasse was perfect until somehow she found a little opening and jumped!!! came home to find her on the floor. No idea how she did it, as the top of the tank is covered with a make shift egg crate lid, with only a tiny space for the LED fixture.....

3 gobies have become 4! I know, I'm ridiculous... tbh I only have so much cause I made the cardinal mistake in this hobby (I was inpatient). I thought goby was dead, goby was hiding, bought new goby etc etc. I have a YWG who has decided to go back yellow and not grey, a pink stripe goby, a cleaner goby (so cute, always trying to clean the clowns) and a hi-fin goby who has picked up shelter with my tiger pistol shrimp at the front of the tank VERY CUTE. For a month or so the pink stripe goby shared home with the hi-fin, but he seems to have been kicked out.

2 black clowns are doing great, they now have extended real estate as the anemone split into two a few weeks ago o_o was sooo exciting, I think I was probably spot feeding her too much, at any rate, now I have two rose BTAs.

Other developments non-fish related:

I got the oh so fancy ecotech marine mp10wES and unfortunately my kenya tree decided it just wasnt for him, he detached and I assumed was dead as couldn't find him for weeks. Turns out he snuck to the bottom of the tank, crawled his was through the rock structure and is now in a much less flowy spot at the bottom of the tank and peeping through the rock. Doesn't look as pink as usual and I don't know if he'll get enough light (thank god for Salifert coral food) but hopefully he'll pull through fine. No way I can move him at any rate, he's well stuck!

Gorgonian is doing great but I have been a bad bad boy. Went on a vacation, busy with work, the whole 'life happens' story and my chemistry went off a bit. Result = hair algae all over gorgonian (not much elsewhere in the tank funny enough). Been trimming it as best I can, and am now dosing NO3-PO4x (which will mean I will also lose my cheato :(:(:( algae is still on about 50% of the gorgonian, but the rest is extending well and feeding very well.

Astrea problem of the extremest magnitude. All blue zoas eaten, all mutlicolour pink zoas eaten. Me? I bought a Harlequin!! She is gorgeous and comes out at night, and always has a fat astrea in her hands. Still have loads of them in the display so she's gotta work harder, and there's even more in the sump. If the population dwindles I'll return her to LFS (unfortunately can't get starfish frozen here to feed her).

Deaths = sigh. my beautiful purple tip acropora. And also half of my birdsnest. I think it has much to do with that I am just not as meticulous a fish keeper as I need to be to keep acropora. The poor acropora crap is still on the skeleton of the purple tip and stands out like a sore thumb now, dunno what to do with him. Maybe it was me lapsing on water changes? maybe it was that 4 LED fixtures aren't enough to support acropora (despite what they say), I dunno. I seem to not have good luck with acroporas, they do well for a few months, then BOOM! Maybe I just needed to keep Ca levels higher, I dunno, but I did lapse on water changes so I'm blaming that. I'm hoping my lights are actually ok for acropora keeping.

Everything else is doing well, I haven't added anything new as I want the tank to get back in tiptop shape first. Any thoughts on LED lighting for acroporas???

(ps I have pics, I will post... later)

edit: I caught hitchhiker crab, he is residing in sump and having a blast all by himself!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back