tophat665
Fish Fanatic
I have a 55 gallon amazon tank. Lots of driftwood, Sword plants, Pennywort, some sags, java fern, and java moss. I just gave away a bunch of my little tetras, leaving me with:
A breeding pair of Bristlenosed Plecos
4 Albino Bronze, 7 Sterbas, 6 Metaes, and 1 Trilineatus cory.
5 High fin Black Tetras
8 Diamond tetras
An unknown, but low, number of Amano Shrimp.
An unknown but high number of MTS and Pond snails.
Corys spawn every couple of weeks, Bristlenoses every couple of months.
Filtered with 2 Emperor 400s
130 watts Power Compact Lighting.
Pair of 75 watt heaters, one at each end of the tank.
So, I am split on what to add. Looks like I could take my school of diamonds up to 15 to 20.
Or I could add another 2 to 4 Diamonds, figure out how to secure the lid, and add a school of 10 hatchets.
I would not be opposed to adding some plant safe community cichlids (Rainbows? Apistos? Rams?)
Any ideas? Any advice? Lay your wisdom upon me.
A breeding pair of Bristlenosed Plecos
4 Albino Bronze, 7 Sterbas, 6 Metaes, and 1 Trilineatus cory.
5 High fin Black Tetras
8 Diamond tetras
An unknown, but low, number of Amano Shrimp.
An unknown but high number of MTS and Pond snails.
Corys spawn every couple of weeks, Bristlenoses every couple of months.
Filtered with 2 Emperor 400s
130 watts Power Compact Lighting.
Pair of 75 watt heaters, one at each end of the tank.
So, I am split on what to add. Looks like I could take my school of diamonds up to 15 to 20.
Or I could add another 2 to 4 Diamonds, figure out how to secure the lid, and add a school of 10 hatchets.
I would not be opposed to adding some plant safe community cichlids (Rainbows? Apistos? Rams?)
Any ideas? Any advice? Lay your wisdom upon me.
you could get a pair of angels, a group of german rams or a pair of bolivian rams.






