"resting' Three Spot Gourami

ohh, yes I do know that they are simply color morphs (maybe you were the one who told me that a while ago :) ) but that is how I can let you know of which I'm talking about

Notice that the Cosby (about 2") is the smallest one of them (still not sure if its a male or female) and my Dwarf Gourami (I do know is not the same species as the other 3) it's even smaller (1.5") and peacefull and I know for sure that both of them would be bullied by the other 2 three spots, or even worse if my cosby and dwarf were in a smaller place together there's a chance that the dwarf will get bullied, and if the cosby were with the other 2, he/she will get bullied just because of being the smallest.

As I said before, I currently have the male Gold one (about 3.5") in the 75G with a divider within an area of 20" x 18" x 21" (a bit less than half of the tank size) and the female Blue one (around 2.5") remains at the 10G with the 3 tetras.

Anyway, I convinced my mom about getting a 40G tank :D cause I know a guy that can make one at a really good price, but it will take at least a month or more to get it. I will not buy anymore fish for my tank until we get these guys a better home, because I was plannig to before this happened.

So, that will leave:
- the Blue and Gold three spots in the 40G (to be), if there are any more problems in the future we will have a divider in there
- the 75G will remain with the same fish it had (the ones at my sig)
- the 3 Black Widow tetras will remain in the 10G and my mom now wants to get a couple of guppies in there :S

This is such a mess but this year started pretty well financially so that is why we will be able to afford the bigger tank around next month, if things get even better we could buy a 50G instead (fingers crossed)

.... and yes I know its sounds selfish to not want to move my fish from their tank but I worked hard to buy a tank this size for myself :*) if things have gotten worse I would have moved both of them to mine as the last resource cause they could both fit in with a divider for each, even with all of my fish inside within another divider. And if that wasn't enough we still have the spare 20G bucket with a sponge filter

any more comments are very welcome, although I believe things seem to have sorted out, or so it seems to me that way

sorry for the long post btw, just wanted to clear things out :rolleyes:

That's a great plan :thumbs: Sorry if I sounded harsh before :) The gouramies should be fine with what you've planned (though the two you are putting in the 40 could still clash - like you've already pointed out). But, I thought I'd warn you - the black widows would nip any guppies so tell your mom to be careful - those tetras are notorious nippers at times unfortunately.

its been 4 days and the Gold Gourami seems to be in great conditions, it feels great to know that I caught it on time

thanks for telling me that about the tetras :( too bad they are nippers

I do know now why you thought I didn't understood about the 3 spot gouramies and their colour variations, I noticed that I refered to my Cosby as Opaline several times here, my mistake, hehehe.... since (as you know) Opaline = Three spot, and Cosby is simple one more color morph of the Opaline.

Yep, sorry about that. It's just that I was confused by you reffering to them all differently - it implied you weren't aware they were all the same. Actualy, I only mentioned it again because you said "Not really. My cosby Gourami it's way smaller than the other 2, almost half of what the Gold one is," and I wasn't certain whether the 'not realy' was reffering to the fact that you have another three-spot in your own tank (which I had said in the post before) - basicaly, I thought you were saying 'not realy, it's not a three-spot, it's smaller than the rest'. :) I apologise again - misinterpretation there :p

well.... unfortunatelly my Gold Gourami died this morning, he had been a little bit weak the past couple of days, and he didnt even eat last night, even though he was still by himself in a separate area. The water stats were normal (0 ammonia and 0 nitrites) and I had just done a water change 3 days ago. :-(

I just dont know why he got worse after getting so much better over 10 days ago.

The rest of the fish (in the big tank) look healthy and I did a water change after getting him out of there, just in case, because my molly is pregnant ... again :S

Most reactions

Back