Rest In Peace Queen Guppy, tribute to queen guppy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I'm so sorry to hear about Queen. I never used to understand when people got emotional about fish. I used to think, they're just fish. You can't stroke them. You can't take them on walks. What's the point? But oh, how wrong I was! Only once I got some guppies myself I realised, those things don't really matter. Fish take up just as much space in your heart as anything else. And it hurts just as much when they're gone. Their life is so brief, it feels like you were picking them out yesterday (in some very, very unfortunate instances that is actually the case!) and then bam! they're gone. And then there's the afterward. When you look at the tank and expect to see them, and then remember that they're not here. All my non-fishy friends think I'm mad, being upset when I lose fish. But I guess only fishkeepers really get it. Fishkeeping isn't a hobby, it's a way of life. And I know it hurts but if you ask me, if I could take it all back, never have picked that fish in the first place, and not have this pain, there is no way I would want to do that. And I think that that's how it is with all pets, people too, even. The joy of having them is far stronger than the sadness of losing them. I'm sure that you did a great job looking after her, that you gave her the best life she could have hoped for, and that she was truly blessed to have you as an owner. Best wishes x

I'm so sorry to hear about Queen. I never used to understand when people got emotional about fish. I used to think, they're just fish. You can't stroke them. You can't take them on walks. What's the point? But oh, how wrong I was! Only once I got some guppies myself I realised, those things don't really matter. Fish take up just as much space in your heart as anything else. And it hurts just as much when they're gone. Their life is so brief, it feels like you were picking them out yesterday (in some very, very unfortunate instances that is actually the case!) and then bam! they're gone. And then there's the afterward. When you look at the tank and expect to see them, and then remember that they're not here. All my non-fishy friends think I'm mad, being upset when I lose fish. But I guess only fishkeepers really get it. Fishkeeping isn't a hobby, it's a way of life. And I know it hurts but if you ask me, if I could take it all back, never have picked that fish in the first place, and not have this pain, there is no way I would want to do that. And I think that that's how it is with all pets, people too, even. The joy of having them is far stronger than the sadness of losing them. I'm sure that you did a great job looking after her, that you gave her the best life she could have hoped for, and that she was truly blessed to have you as an owner. Best wishes x
thanks!
certainly not the best life but we've gone through much together
she has been through A LOT
all her friends have died before her, but once in the 75g she settled down :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back