Rescue Operation II - More Poor Little Puffers

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm really sorry to hear about the smaller one. You 2 did all you could have done for him.

I'm glad the second one is still with you both, and I really like the name Hope!

That's a real shame. I hope the other pulls through. At least his last hours were spent in a caring and correct environment.

I nipped into Seapets on Saturday (lloking for pipework for my dad's pond) and the tanks didn't look too great, especially the tank full of shark cats (as in silver tip - needing full marine in a few months...).

However, I do know how it keeps going. Swallows does its best (at Colchester and even at Rayleigh) to only stock livebearers, common tetras and corys. Nothing oddballish there at all (except for the RTCxTSN which no-one can keep...and as a result keep being returned, probably after they've eaten all their tank-mates). As a result, people who want something a bit stranger can get it at seapets.

I still expect updates on Hope.

Aaaw Sir and Lady M, I'm so sorry to hear about Miracle. You gave him a loving and comfortable home for the remainder of his life and I'm sure he thanks you for it. :rip: Miracle.

But it's great to hear that Hope is recovering! I hope he or she pulls through for you and for all of us.... :thumbs:

Awww, that's a shame.... are you gonna go back to the store and see if another one needs rescuing? You could name him Miracle2, or M2 for short!

pseud said:
Awww, that's a shame.... are you gonna go back to the store and see if another one needs rescuing? You could name him Miracle2, or M2 for short!
[snapback]873330[/snapback]​
No, these were the last two they had. It would be nice to think that's they'll not get anymore, but I think that's to much to hope.

Today Hope has visibly less ich and is still eating like a horse (if horses ate worms instead of hay) and is still going strong.
Excellent.

You know what would be funny? If under all that ich, Hope was a fakaha :p :rofl:

Glad to hear he's doing OK, are you going to get another buddy for him when he's better?

OohFeeshy said:
You know what would be funny? If under all that ich, Hope was a fakaha :p :rofl:

Glad to hear he's doing OK, are you going to get another buddy for him when he's better?
[snapback]873695[/snapback]​

Christ, I hope not! Our house is 90% water as it is!

Yep when and if he gets back to full health we'll be stocking the tank with a few buddies.
That won't be for a while yet though!

hellohefalump said:
what's happening?
[snapback]878775[/snapback]​

Nothing much!

Hope's colours continue to improve as does his appetite. The Ich spots on his body are now all but gone and the ones on his tail & fins are fading.

Prognosis is good. :D

How did I manage to miss this thread? :S

Argh! You really must stop going into that shop...soon you'll have to start charging people to come and look around your house as a "public aquarium" to help fund the fish and other pets! :lol:

Glad the big one seems to be doing good! Hope he make a full recovery!

Here's a few photos to show how much better Hope is looking now:

hope1.jpg

hope2.jpg

hope3.jpg

hope4.jpg

Unfortunately, he's rather camera-shy so I had to take these from quite a distance. He dashes off to hide behind the filter whenever I get too close! :rolleyes:

hes looking loads better
i can see you ending up with 20 puffers all from the same shop.
:lol:
glad to see he is ok :)

Oh he looks SO much better!! Fantastic! :clap:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back