Rescaping Ideas?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

targett

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi, ive had my tank set up like this for quite a while now and was wondering if anyone here has any ideas on what to do with it?

Thanks

EDIT* added photo

Picture doesn't seem to have uploaded.

get rid of bubbler, move wood so its closer togeather just off center add more plants like Barclaya longifolia or Aponogeton Crispus at the back and some crypts at the front 

mike455555 said:
get rid of bubbler, move wood so its closer togeather just off center add more plants like Barclaya longifolia or Aponogeton Crispus at the back and some crypts at the front
I agree on this.

Some dwarf sag would make it look better or any foreground plant. Is yours high tech or low? Co2? What ferts do you use? In ky opinion you should add more wood. Moar plants.

Its low tech, not sure how strong the light in the lid is. Ive put some foil lined in the lid to make the light brighter. I dose with 2ml of easycarbo every morning just before i switch the light on. I was thinking more plants but abit worried they wont all get enough light. an yes i will scrap the bubble light

the plants i named are easy to grow and do well in low light set ups 

I would have to agree with mike but i also might add that you could try some anubias barteri var. nana in the front of the tank,  they are fairly easy plants to take care of and don't require very much light.  Mine seem to grow new leaves all of the time and i love them!

great thanks, how many of each plant should i get? the tanks 36x12x15 if that helps

thanks again :)

tmoney7 said:
I would have to agree with mike but i also might add that you could try some anubias barteri var. nana in the front of the tank,  they are fairly easy plants to take care of and don't require very much light.  Mine seem to grow new leaves all of the time and i love them!
Yes i like the look of them. can all these plants grow in my gravel? as ive had to tie my java fern to the stones

i Myself tied mine down to things but they are able to grow in the gravel as long as you do not submerge the rhizome in the gravel then you should be all set, just submerge the roots.

the Aponogeton Crispus and barclaya might need a root tab but other wise gravel should be fine, as for the amount, id recommend 3 barclaya iv got 4 in my tank, i'll grab a snap quickly for you 

mike455555 said:
the Aponogeton Crispus and barclaya might need a root tab but other wise gravel should be fine, as for the amount, id recommend 3 barclaya iv got 4 in my tank, i'll grab a snap quickly for you 
great stuff thanks. how many plants would you recommend for the front of the tank? also will any of these plants take much maintanance? i dont mind abit of maintanance as i do a weekly 50% water change an id do then

here 

and heres a full tank shot 

id recommend some small crypts like cryptocoryne wendtii and Cryptocoryne parva

ill have a browse over the weekend, at all these plants sergested to me then work out how many i would need

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back