Reputable Fish Stores; Long Island, New York

TropicDan

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a reliable fish store/breeder? Preferably in Suffolk Country, but any suggestions would be great. I've searched online as well as called numerous places in the phone book and haven't been able to find anywhere close enough. I'm planning on setting up my second tank soon and really want to be more careful with my fish selection this time around. I'm still new to the hobby and made a few of the common newbie mistakes, mainly not doing the research I should have. Anyway I had two gold rams in my community tank, and they both eventually died. I believe they weren't eating well, and as I have now read they had the common sunken belly as many non-feeding rams do in stores. So I'm planning on keeping maybe 2 gold rams and 2 blue rams, plus maybe some cory cats in a 20 gal. I do not want to start my fishless cycle until I find a good source. I'm also considering ordering from liveaquaria.com, I really don't want to have fish loss because of the acclimation process. I know rams are very sensitive...alright enough "talking" Thanks for reading, and any suggestions/comments on what I have written would be great.

Most reactions

Back