Rena Smart Heater - Troubling?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jb1997mcd

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to get some heaters for the two xp3's I will be picking up in the next couple of weeks. I wanted to get the rena smart heaters which I use on my rena's filters now. I think the one may be faulty, but I can't tell right now. When winter comes I will probably figure it out.

I have noticed that a lot of the online fish stores don't carry these anymore. That begs me to question, What is wrong with this heater? Any input is appreciated.

Additionally, if I need to get new heaters, I would like to get a non glass, one that could attach to my intake valve, or one that sits outside the tanks. This is the one I found, ETH External Thermal Heater - In Line Heater. This was designed to sit outside the tank, but I read that this does not necessarily fit on the tubes of the rena's real well??

Any info is always appreciated.

jb

Cant advise on that specific model, but i have a couple of Rena heaters and although they're old, they serve me well. One's 50w and one is 100w and they're an excellent choice for smaller tanks. I like Aqua One heaters also, very well made. Haven't read any bad infor on the Rena's you mention, maybe they have been superceeded by a new model?

Thanks Minnnt,

The fact that the online petstores are not carrying them anymore makes me wonder. Because I can attach to my intake is great for me, so I am hoping there are no issues. I am going to call Rena this week and will post the response.

jb

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back