Rekord 60 Referb

Ideally they like to be the same type of cories, but you should ok IMO, Ive kept different cories together and they all get along fine, just dont stay in the same shoal.
 
ill stick with the same species and colourations. which would be better ? bronze corys peppered corys or pygmys i was also considering a rubbernose pl*co
 
thanks. i like the idea of 2 species of shoaling fish.

ive never kept bosemani rainbows before . how much are they and what kind of temprements do they have?


need about 24-28 so about 26 would be ok for all of the species- however neons prfer slightly cooler

they are not expensive at my lfs around £4-5 each, tho usually sold in pairs- one female and one male coz the males are nore colourful

With respect AdAndrews, you're new to this hobby and are giving out bad advice. You're stocking list is very questionable (I've gone through why in more detail in your thread in 'New to the hobby') and its a relief that truckasauras hasn't acted upon it.

Truck, the end stocking list looks pretty good to me. Corys prefer groups of 5 plus, and it'd be worth going for panda corys - they are one of the smaller (but more active imo) species.
 
i am not new to the hobby- just coz im new on the forum doesnt mean that i havent kept fish before- fish may prefer to be in groups of 5 but hey, i have kept 2 of corys and they were fine, as you would expect, and im new to the forum so what the hell does IMO mean/! lol probably really obvious
 
woah! plz dont argue. IMO means along the lines of in my experience. and corys do prefer to live in groups but just because yours lived fine with 2 doesnt mean mine or somebody elses would. and how do you know wether your fish is happy in a 2 seeing as they show no emotions. but in the wild they live in larger groups so this shows they thrive in large(ish) groups
 
woah! plz dont argue. IMO means along the lines of in my experience. and corys do prefer to live in groups but just because yours lived fine with 2 doesnt mean mine or somebody elses would. and how do you know wether your fish is happy in a 2 seeing as they show no emotions. but in the wild they live in larger groups so this shows they thrive in large(ish) groups

i know because of the way they were acting and that they lived this long

thanks anyway i want having a go at you truck
 
I'm not going to get into an argument, I just want to avoid people being given bad advice. And putting a fish that can grow to 5 inches (and is an active shoaler) into a 54L tank is bad advice imo so if I see that I will point it out. Nothing personal Ad Andrews, from the amount of time I've spent in your thread in the 'new to the hobby' forum it should be pretty obvious that I'm trying to help people out with my knowledge and experience - and in some cases my opinion.

Your stocking list looks pretty good truck, sorry to get off topic in this thread but I felt it needed saying. Let us know how you get on :)
 
I would love some bosemani rainbows too but they're too active for even my 25 US gallon tank. They swim horizontally and need a long tank from what I understand.

I wish there was a tiny dwarf variety! Even the dwarf neon rainbows would feel cramped in my tank.
 
Neon Blue (praecox) rainbows are lovely - not so bright, more a silvery turquoise and you can get away with them in a 3ft tank. I've got some juvi's in a 2ft and its lovely watching them shoal with my pearl danio's, still hunting for my next community tank so I can really do them justice - 4 to 5 foot ideally.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top