Reflectors

iain.betson

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi, i've never fitted reflectors before but was wondering if instead of paying £8 each for two 36" reflectors could I pay £10 for one 60" reflector and basicly cut in two?

Has anyone done this or something similar?

Or would it be just as effective to use some other form of reflective material on the underside of the hood?

the tank is a juwel rio 180 (original light unit dead so two arcadia 30w light units fitted)
 
whats a reflector?

Hi, a feflector is a reflective piece of material which is placed above the light tubes. Its job is to reflect down the light so that essentialy none is waisted and it is all directed into your tank. This may allow you to use lower powered tubes or increase the amount of light for planted tanks. :)
 
whats a reflector?

Hi, a feflector is a reflective piece of material which is placed above the light tubes. Its job is to reflect down the light so that essentialy none is waisted and it is all directed into your tank. This may allow you to use lower powered tubes or increase the amount of light for planted tanks. :)

Ah i see. thanks for the information! Good luck with your lighting!
 
Thanks, I will be posting some pics by next weeknd once the lighting and the planting is all finished :D
 
I did this on my nano cube, bought a 36" reflector and hacksawed it in two. No problems at all other than a less than 100% neat finish, but no one looks at the reflectors anyway.
 
I did this on my nano cube, bought a 36" reflector and hacksawed it in two. No problems at all other than a less than 100% neat finish, but no one looks at the reflectors anyway.

cool I think I'm gonna give it a whirl tomorrow
:thumbs:
 
ive used both methods and theres no difference between using one or two really.In my 6 1/2ft tank we have 2 tubes but 4 reflectors.im sure whatever you do will work out fine.cant wait to see your photos :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top