Redstrats Journal

My new goby is in hideing is this normal?

I have seen him only one time and when i did he was very(frantic?) not what i have read is very goby like.
Also he is not eating.

This is my first fish(ever) and i have no clue what is normal and what is a sign of DOOM!

I wouldn't worry...

He's probably scared.
It may help if you turn the lights off
It's somewhat common for fish not to eat the first few days.
What did you feed it?

Oh and i was looking through some LR rubble i bought for my sump and i found what looks like a Tiger Tail Sea Cucumber but green and 2''long and about as wide as a pencil .
What ever this is its alive and kicking in my sump for now.

Try frozen mysis soaked in garlic. :)

If he wont eat that, he wont eat anything :p

I like to thaw a cube of mysis out, strain it, plop it out on a cutting board next to a half garlic glove, mince the shrimp up as small as possible, then lay my blade sideway over the shrimp pulp and the glove then give it a nice smash with my fist. Get's it all nice and blended...and makes the kitchen smell kind of like a chum grinder but the fish and corals love it.

Wouldnt worry about him hiding, my first fish was a clown goby. He only came out to eat. Other than that he would perch behind all the rocks in the tank and sometimes I'd catch a glimpse of him darting away when I'd first walk into the room.

My lfs was out of mysis so i tried frozen Brineshrimp ,no good in the long run i know but at least hes eating now.

Also i found 4 cupcorals one my rock

hmm weird. I've never seen that before I dont think...any other names for it? Something latin perhaps? Searching for cup coral yields all sorts of different results from pagoda to sun. Just curious.

SO its a little early for coral but......

Manhattanreefs(NY club) is having a frag swap at Pace University(ny,ny) this sunday.
This thing is going to be big!

Budget $100

Ill post pics sunday night.

When I first brought home my green clown goby it took him several weeks to stop hiding all the time and eat normally. I feed mine omega one veggie flakes, frozen brine shrimp, and frozen bloodworms. I had to just keep feeding him them and eventually he started eating, now he always comes to the top when he see's me with food.

Good luck getting some nice frags. :good:

One of the vendors has $24.99 cb Bangaii Cardinal that he can bring to the swap for me.

I got my first fish a week ago.
Am i ready to add two more fish(i would be geting a pair).]

SG 1.26
Temperature 80f
PH 8.1
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10

Most reactions

Back