Red jewel Cichlids overbreeding :)

Iluvfish

New Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
75036 Frisco Texas
I have been lucky to have a beautiful Red jewel pair, also I love the care they take to protect their babies and take turns to guard and take rest. It's a lovely feeing observing their behavior.

On the other hand , they have been breeding and producing babies ( around 50 at a time) once every 2 months. I already have 3 tanks, I don't think I will be allowed token any more tanks.

Wanted to understand the best way to re home these fishes.

I thought this would be a good place where I can start.

I would be willing to trade the fry for other fishes or sell them at a dirt cheep price, maybe $4 each. Please let me know if anyone is interested. Thank you!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2257.webp
    IMG_2257.webp
    119.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2243.webp
    IMG_2243.webp
    214.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2228.webp
    IMG_2228.webp
    66.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2256.webp
    IMG_2256.webp
    145.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2260.webp
    IMG_2260.webp
    104 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2256.webp
    IMG_2256.webp
    145.1 KB · Views: 91
You can contact your local pet shop and see if they will take any. Some shops pay cash, others give you store credit. However, jewel cichlids aren't pleasant natured fish so most places only take a small number of them (maybe 10-20).

You can see if there is a cichlid society in your area. If there is, perhaps go to a meeting and take a few with you to donate to the raffle table.
 
You can contact your local pet shop and see if they will take any. Some shops pay cash, others give you store credit. However, jewel cichlids aren't pleasant natured fish so most places only take a small number of them (maybe 10-20).

You can see if there is a cichlid society in your area. If there is, perhaps go to a meeting and take a few with you to donate to the raffle table.
Hi Colin, thank you for your reply and suggestions.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top