red claw crabs

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

lowered84

Reaction score
wanting to put a redclawed crab in my 39gal community tank.What are the pros and conns of crab's.His tankmates will be 5 giant danio,1 cherry barb,3 otocinclus,2 krib's.Went into my lfs and was looking at the redclaws and they were doing a good job of picking thru the gravel collecting uneatin food.I thought good idea to have one of these guy's scavanging the bottom.My oto's just suck on the rock's they don't try to pick at the rock's like a redclaw would.So what do you guy's think?

I've never kept them myself, but from what I've been told they will eat anything they can get there claws on. including fish. With that said I'd would worry about putting them with any slow moving fish, or anything that stays still for long periods of time. Hopefully somebody with some actual experience with these animals will chime in soon. I'd like some first hand experience with these myself.

They'll catch & eat anything they can

First to go would be your otos, the rest would be harder to catch... until they need to sleep....

Crabs in tanks with small fish... never a good idea.

from first hand experience i would say yes if they are well fed then they will be ok...they are to slow to catch any of my fish....the fish jus swim away

charlie

Most reactions

Back