Red Cherry Shrimp And Crystal Red Shrimp In Same Tank?

VidVid

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi.
I have a thriving colony of approx 100 cherry red shrimp in my 2footer. I am looking to add 10 Crystal red shrimps into the same tank as the cherries. Will the crystal red shrimps breed comfortably and normally even though they have red cherry shrimp as tank mates? They won't interbreed will they?

Thanks.

They won't interbreed. :good:

You may find the Cherry Shrimplets out compete the CRS shrimplets for the microscopic food meaning the CRS numbers wont grow as quickly as the cherrys, Other than this there is no problem with the two species living together.

The main problem will be the water condition difference. CRS prefer cooler temps of 66-72F where as cherries prefer it hotter at 75-78F, and the pH preference is also abit different, CRS around 6.5-6.8 and cherries prefering 7 plus. Though they can still be kept together, and it has been done. Tank bred shrimp are more adaptable and I'd give it ago if your water conditions arn't too extreme. I suggest trying to find a middle ground and if possible try and keep things more to the CRS liking.

Most reactions

Back