/www.wnyherp.org/care-sheets/amphibi...-belly-newt.php
/www.all-about-screen-doors.com/images/P1010007.JPG ? Are platys ok tank mates for the water part as at the pet store they have platys in the same tank as the newts, what other fish could I put in the tank? How will I cycle the tank as I don't think I could take a filter sponge from one of my aquarium filters and put it in the filter as they are bigger than the filter needed for the tank? Would placing a filter sponge in the tank work to cycle it? Also on the land part at the pet store they have water up to the level of the land to where the land is soggy with water, is that ok if I do it in this tank? I'm going to pile gravel up on one end of the tank and have it slope down into the land part so that the newts can get in and out of the tank, will the gravel stayed piled up on the land end of will it keep sliding down into the land part?
/www.caudata.org/cc/species/Cynops/C_orientalis.shtml
/www.caudata.org/cc/species/Taricha/T_torosa.shtml
/www.caudata.org/cc/species/Pachytri...chytriton.shtml