Red Barb Dying?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Neleono

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My sister has some tiger red barbs/glow fish, but they are starting to slow down. They are laying at the bottom of the tank, behind the filer and in small divots in the gravel. They don't swim around and only one really comes up to eat regularly. I'm obviously quite worried about them and I'm wondering if anything I'm doing is affecting them. Any suggestions help lots! Tank stats below:

Ammonia : 0
Nitrate : 30 (Before water change)
Nitrite : 0
Hardness : 170
Chlorine : 0
Alkalinity : 120
pH : 7.1
Temp : 78
Tank environment : 10 gallon with 4 fake plants, a small live plant, 2 fish, airstone

Any chance of a picture and short video of the fish?
If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

If the video is too big for this website, post it on YouTube and copy & paste the link here. We can view it at YouTube. If you are using a mobile phone to take the video, have the phone horizontal so the video takes up the entire screen. If you have the phone vertical, you get video in the middle and black on either side.

------------------
Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week or until we work out what is going on. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Sorry for such a delayed response, the fish seemed to get better all of a sudden the day after I made this post, I assume this was just like a short and weird occurrence. also, I did do a water change and that seemed to make them normal again.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back