Really Need Some Help On Rescaping!

LoachLover!

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 50 gallon aquarium, which has been set up for around 6 or 7 months now. I have learned a lot about plants over this time, and would like to step away from cabomba and elodea etc and one to some nicer plants.

I have a Fluval Roma 200, which unfortunately has the "Glo" range of lighting, which isn't especially great in terms of it's wattage etc :(

So basically I would really like to move from bogwood and onto some rock like this:

http://www.thegreenmachineonline.com/products/aquatics/d%C3%A9cor-materials/ada-seiryu-stone/ada-seiryu-stone-kg

I love this kind of rock, and although it isn't cheap, I think it looks nice :)

I have a Tetra complete Substrate underneath my sand, and I am going to start dosing ferts again soon. I could also dose liquid carbon as well.

I have my eye on various plants. How do these look?

hemianthus callitrichoides cuba - I actually love this plant's appearance! Is my lighting going to be too low for this?

Hygrophila difformis - Again is my lighting too low for this?

Nymphoides sp. ''Taiwan'' - Again, is my lighting too low for this?

Cryptocoryne undulata

Vallisneria americana (natans)

Sagittaria platyphylla

Cryptocoryne parva

Cryptocoryne x willisii

I don't plan to get all of them, but these are some I like - I am open to any suggestions :)

The question is the same for them all. How suitable are they for my set up? If they are suitable, what would be a good combo?

Another question, would I be able to change to an ADA soil in an already established tank?

Any suggestions would be great! Tips on aquascaping etc! Thanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back