Real Pissed Off About Prices.

kevinthecow

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
657
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Well, I was planning to trade a Bala and one dojo loach back to my lps. I went to check the prices for Panda cories, some tetras and ADF's. ( Planned for my restock after schools back.

Surprisingly, I forgot about asking about the fish trade. I got my eyes glued onto some fish.


- Penguin Tetras
- Panda Cories
- ADF's.

Yeah, the ones I've wanted. Now, I have a 20 dollar limit, for a few. If they were decent priced, and would be over 20$ for a shoal of them, I'd go home and get more.

Well, the penguins were 3- 10$, (3.99 ea.), the ADF's were 6.99 - 2, (3.99 ea.) and the Cories (around .5" - 1") were 9$ ea.

The ADF's weren't a shock, they were extremely healthy and in great condition. I wouldn't mind the price. The penguins were like the rest. Not equal to the neons.

Penguins - 3 for 10 dollars
Black skirts - 3 for 10 dollars
Black neons - 3 for 10 dollars
Rummynose - 3 for 10 dollars
Red eyes - 3 for 10 dollars
Glow Lights - 3 for 10 dollars
Neons - 8 for 10 Dollars.

Smart way to sell, but piss off for me.

The Cories were just extremely high for me. Even for a shoal, thats like 50+$?
So yeah, there goes my stocking plan. Down the drain. (I saved 70$ for a new restock)

Well yeah, I just needed to write that down. ): Also, my question is - Whats your lfs prices for Tetras, ADF's, or Cories. (Any type, just list them :3)

Sucks, I live near no lfs, except this crappy one. ):
 
Hi kevinthecow :)

Here's a currency converter to help the members figure out how their money would work out in Canadian dollars.

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter?u

A C. panda is a little high compared to here. I would expect to pay about $5 US ($7.38 CAD) for each.

You get a better deal on the ADFs though. I would have to pay $4-5 US. If you had to pay the same, it would cost you $4.87 to $6.09 for one.

:D
 
Hi Kevin,

Thats rough with the prices being so high. Maybe a breeder in your area will see this post and come to a deal with you over some of the fish!! :thumbs:

The other thing is with Christmas coming you might get some christmas money you could put towards it.

Also there is nothing wrong with building the tank up slowly and adding to it. If you wanted to breed the corys it may be better to buy at different points to get from different lines.

Plus if you walked in and bought all the fish you wanted straight away you would miss out on the buzz everytime you managed to save up enough money to go out and get one more!! This way you feel you are working for something!!

Goodluck with it. im sure you will get there!!!
 
): Thanks guys. Well, now I can forget about the pandas! >__> How much do you think a shoal of pandas should be? I'll just nag my cousin to buy me it for christmas. :)

And the adf's, I wouldn't be real pissed. They seem decent priced.

Anyways, what about the tetras? :/

BTW, I got no job, unless it involves shoveling peoples driveways for 20 - 10 dollars. Takes like 30 minutes to an hour.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top