Re-scaping

strangeworld2002

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jul 2, 2008
Messages
266
Reaction score
10
Points
18
Location
Cheshire, UK
Hi,

I am thinking about rescaping my 47gal at some point so I can have it fully planted. My question is what is the best way to house the fish while I do this? The tank has quite big gravel and substrate, I want to remove this for some fresh substrate and some pea sized gravel of AE. I want to do it all in a couple of hours and then move my fish back.

What is the easiest least stressful way of temporarily housing the fish?

Cheers
 
I don't have the amount of fish you have, but when I changed my tank over, I got a couple of polystyrene boxes from the lfs, they usually have a few lying around, cleaned it out and then added the water from the tank and put the fish in there. They were fine, they were in there a couple of hours, I put plenty of cover in and made sure the lid was on and the water temperature stayed pretty much the same. The fish were all absolutely fine.

With your fish though, you may need quite a few boxes.

Hope that helps
 
Sounds like a plan. Just another quickie but is it best to mix your gravel with the plant substrate or have the gravel as a layer on top of the substrate?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top