Re-scaping My Tank, Need Some Interior Aqua Design Help

fifefish

Fish Herder
Joined
Oct 16, 2008
Messages
1,290
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Fife, Scotland
Ive come to the point when i feel like a new aquascape ,
so currenly ive got some :
2 bits of Bogwood
a couple rocks
and for plants i have:
Riccia
Java moss
Java Fern
hygrophila difformis
egeria densa
and a couple other plants that ive yet to identify,

im thinking of buying some new plants and decor, so i was wondering what changes should i make to my existing tank?
DSCF2162.jpg
 
Wow. I really like your tank as it is! but I know how things can get dull after staring at them for so long. I like to look through the AGA aquascaping contest photos. They give you some good ideas, plus, the judge's feedback can really help you to identify what could be better. just pick a year, and a tank size, and start browsing! http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2008.cgi
 
I've decided which plants I'm going to add.
here they are:

glossostigma elatinoide

Cryptocoryne parva

Limnophila aromatica

can anyone help me out?
 
You seem to be fine with growing the plants, I'd suggest that the thing to work on is your hardscape. Try and build up some height using the substrate, rock, and wood - particularly at the back and sides.

How much light do you have in there? Glosso in particular is quite demanding of good lighting and also CO2 if you want it to form a nice carpet.
 
i have 2x30w lights,
the only thing ill need is a diffuser for my CO2 since i used a diy mixture that seems to work fine..
 
ive ordered my plants now
they should be here tommorow or monday
so i will plant them in and see how it looks :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top