Rattling Filter

how long have you had your filter?

About 3 months maybe more. It's always made noise and that's why the guy was getting rid of it. Starting to get on my nerves now though! :X
[/quote]

so you did not get it brand new?

About 3 months maybe more. It's always made noise and that's why the guy was getting rid of it. Starting to get on my nerves now though! :X

[/quote]

Cos it was massively cheaper to buy it through a friend. He said the impellor needed changing i just haven't gotten round to it and wanted to check through here before i bought one only to find out that was not the problem. So what do you think? :/

Cos it was massively cheaper to buy it through a friend. He said the impellor needed changing i just haven't gotten round to it and wanted to check through here before i bought one only to find out that was not the problem. So what do you think? :/
[/quote]

if it is old (not brand new), then your friend (from whom you got the filter) might be right about the impleller needing replacement but you can always ask for a second opinion at your lfs and describing to them the situation.

[/quote]
if it is old (not brand new), then your friend (from whom you got the filter) might be right about the impleller needing replacement but you can always ask for a second opinion at your lfs and describing to them the situation.
[/quote]

Alright thanks for the advice. I'll see what i can do. Just don't like turning it off as they're very messy fish (constantly). I'll try nipping it down at some point.

Cheers,

Pete 8)

[/quote]

Alright thanks for the advice. I'll see what i can do. Just don't like turning it off as they're very messy fish (constantly). I'll try nipping it down at some point.

Cheers,

Pete 8)
[/quote]

you are welcome Pete!
:drinks:

Try blowing down the inlet tube as iJay suggested, it worked for me. The filter is now completely silent. Must have benn an air bubble caught in the pump chamber.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back