FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Razzmatazz

Fish Fanatic
Fish of the Month 🌟
2x Tank of the Month 🏆
🏆 Tank of the Year 🏆
Reaction score
Im thinking of adding a pair of blue rams in my 36G. PH 7.4, Amm and nitrite at 0, nitrate 10 to 20ppm and gh 6. I do twice a week 30% wc (10 gallons) and test 3X a week. Currently there are harlequin rasboras, neon tetras and panda cories. All fishes are well and eats well. Im carefull of not overfeeding. Well, most info i read from rams are mostly experts only fish. What makes this fish for experts only?

Well there are a variety of reasons. These fish need it toasty, like super toasty, 84°F ish. They are also prone to disease and are hyper aggressive amongst themselves. I would recommend a single bolivian ram in this situation :).

Thanks for the reply HoldenOn! Alrighty then. Not feeling the Bolivian ram. Guess Ill just have to decide on a different fish

Thanks for the reply HoldenOn! Alrighty then. Not feeling the Bolivian ram. Guess Ill just have to decide on a different fish
Ye, rams can be a real pain. If you want to go the dwarf cichlid path, look into Kribensis. One of the coolest fish imo, and you could get a pair. There are also some amazing apistogramma variants. The best way to get a little background on a fish is find them on seriously fish.

Thanks again! Ill look in to those suggestions. Wasnt really looking for small cichlids. Went to the LFS last weekend and they had about 20 electric blue balloon rams. I thought they were so cool looking! Looks like the fish was sporting a mohawk! But at 30 bucks a pop, well, i better do a bit of research on them.

Apistogrammas are the best bet. I don't like Kribensis with neons sometimes they see them as lunch.

electric blue balloon rams
I would also advise against getting any balloon fish. These are deformed fish, selectively bred from slightly deformed fish, and all their organs are squished up inside that shortened body.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back