rams not eating

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

dvd34

Reaction score
hi

i recently bought a pair of blue rams and they dont seem to want to eat. -_-
is this a normal thing? or do i need food which sinks to the bottem of the tank?

thx

What food are you using?
They could be just getting used to the new tank, but if they dont start eating in a few days, there could be something wrong. Try some frozen bloodworm or Brine shrimp. Fish that have been grown on on foods like these can be slow to take flake.
Rams will pick at the bottom but prefer slowly sinking food.

Ken

if you've had them less then a week it might just be the shock of moving that is killing their appetites. Defititey try frozed brine shrimp if you can afford it, if not try a cichlid specific food formula

i also have 5 neon tetras and 2 gouramis in which gobble up all the food before it even manages to reach the bottom of the tank(esp the neons). should i remove a few of the fish so that the rams can have a chance at getting use to eating in the tank?

thx

My rams went right from live bloodworms to flake without a problem. Maybe they are afraid of the gourami or something. Although mine live with gourami and rule the tank.

i heard many apisto keepers find that one of the best prepared foods are "wardley's slow sinking cichlid crumbles" or seomthing like that.

Disclaimer: i do not work for wardley and get no benefit from them. lol

Most reactions

Back