The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Are these two species compatible? I saw the Rhombos at my LFS, and really like the look of them. I now have 2 Rainbow Cichlids in my 90 gallon, and would like a medium sized shoaling fish with them. I had to get rid of my orange chromides in the tank as the chromides were picking on the rainbows.
90 gallon 4 ft tank, 110ppm hardness, ph 7.4.

You should be fine with this combination.

I was hoping so. The rainbows aren't aggressive and the barbs don't seem to be too nippy from what I have read about them.
In a 90 gallon I'd go for a school of denison barbs, but that's just because I'm a huge fan of the species. Rhombo won't be bothering your rainbows, especially with a good sized school.

In a 90 gallon I'd go for a school of denison barbs, but that's just because I'm a huge fan of the species. Rhombo won't be bothering your rainbows, especially with a good sized school.
The Denison are going for almost $20 each around here. I want to get my green phantom breeding group set up before I run out of money, lol. They are absolutely wonderful to watch, though.

Are these two species compatible? I saw the Rhombos at my LFS, and really like the look of them. I now have 2 Rainbow Cichlids in my 90 gallon, and would like a medium sized shoaling fish with them. I had to get rid of my orange chromides in the tank as the chromides were picking on the rainbows.
90 gallon 4 ft tank, 110ppm hardness, ph 7.4.
Ive got Odessa,Rosy,Black Rubys and Denison barbs with my Rainbows and have no issuse what so ever

Most reactions

trending

Back