Rabbit Snail Tank Size?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

StripySnailGirl04

Fish Addict
Reaction score
UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Universe
Hello,
I know that the optimal tank size for rabbit snails is at least 20 gallons but if I had 2- 3 rabbit snails and no other aquatic animals in the tank, could they live in a 10 gallon, maybe even a 7 gallon? I'm aware that they breed but from what I've read, they only produce offspring rarely so overpopulation shouldn't be a problem? And assuming I had no fish, I could add more wood and rocks so there would be a greater surface area for the snails, would that work?

Thanks in advance!

They could live in 10 gallon in my opinion, but the surface is important, not the size. They roam and climb up, sure, but spend most of the time circling the tank. In the year I have had them, they barely grew a cm, and I have started with 4 cm. They have yet to breed for me which makes me sad. They love wood, stones not so much, they produce a lot of waste, so a good filter and deep substrate cleaning, they love high levels of sand to burrow in, and need to be fed daily. They like higher temps, definitely not under 26°C
And they enjoy each others company so 3 is a minimum, even for a 10 gallon.
They are adorable

They could live in 10 gallon in my opinion, but the surface is important, not the size. They roam and climb up, sure, but spend most of the time circling the tank. In the year I have had them, they barely grew a cm, and I have started with 4 cm. They have yet to breed for me which makes me sad. They love wood, stones not so much, they produce a lot of waste, so a good filter and deep substrate cleaning, they love high levels of sand to burrow in, and need to be fed daily. They like higher temps, definitely not under 26°C
And they enjoy each others company so 3 is a minimum, even for a 10 gallon.
They are adorable
Thanks for the advice! 🙂

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back