R.i.p Lil' Dude

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Paradise3

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I unfortunately found this little boy had passed at some point early hours 25th May(it's the 26th in the UK now). He was fine when I went to bed at about 2am but I woke up to find he had passed on unfortunately.
I didn't have him long but knowing he died in a clean, comfortable environment makes me happier about the situation.
This boy was a rescue I took in on the 19th January.
He was already approx. 11 months old when I got him as he was bought from a pet shop(which I have been in and they say their betta's are sold at 4 months old) and his old owners had him 7 months before their tank cracked. They had him with a Black Widow, a Zebra Danio, a Pearl Danio & 2 female Guppies in a 2ft tank.
I've included a photo from the day I got him(tank was set up quickly as it was short notice) and then some from 18th March when he looked his best. Last one is from 29th April when he was starting to slow down a lot and resting on the bottom a lot. This is when I knew he wasn't going to be here much longer.

Anyway, his final resting place was in a planted 5.5 gallon tank. His final resting age was approx. 15 months old.
R.I.P "Lil' Dude".... You were fun to have around while you were here.

His first day with me- 19th January 2015.
KeesFish4_zps289e9357.jpg

Looking proud- 18th March 2015.
18th%20March%2015%201_zpsf2yefbzw.jpg

18th%20March%2015%202_zpsn58zquu7.jpg

"Where's my food?"- 18th March 2015.
18th%20March%2015%203_zps9oelytht.jpg

Showing some age- 29th April 2015.
29th%20April%202015_zpsi5sflain.jpg

Aww, sorry about your loss. At least he lived a happy life with you. :)

LyraGuppi said:
Aww, sorry about your loss. At least he lived a happy life with you.
smile.png

Well, a happy four months anyway. His first four were spent growing up, the next 7 months in a 2ft bare tank with nothing but filter, heater and gravel with the fish listed in the main post and then his last four with me in a planted 5.5 gallon with filter and heater.

:( sorry to hear of this.

But as you say, he died in a clean and comfortable environment and you did everything possible to keep him happy, that counts for a lot ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back