Questions about severums and firemouths

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

G_Sharky

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Just got a gold severum and a firemouth cichlid yesterday and I noticed a big difference in color when i first got them. The gold severum was a little peachy yesterday and today he's got a bright yellow color, not that i'm complaining cause he looks amazing, my concern is that are they supposed to change color or it's a sign that something might be wrong?. Also I noticed that my firemouths red belly seems to dissappear when the light is on and when it's not it turns fully red. Both fish seems to be fine not having a shortness of breath or stressing. Should I worry guys?

they were probably stressed before and now theyre settled in and showing great colors... my kribensis did it when i first bought them

my severum constantly changes color depending on his mood. i have a green severum with several black vertical bars running down his side. i noticed that when i feed him that the black bars disappear and he gets very dark. its a completely normal occurence so dont worry.

You may find that your lighting is too strong and is washing the colours out of your fish, try changing the tube to a softer light to get the best colours out of your fish.

CFC the severums colors did not fade it just drastically change from peachy to bright yellow. I did some research on gold severums and it they actually come in a variety of colours like others are peachy and pink, yellow, and some actually have the golden yellow, which is quite nice. Thanks for all your responses though.... :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back