Question On Java Moss

doresy

Sometimes Right, Sometimes Wrong but ALWAYS certai
Joined
Dec 1, 2006
Messages
3,845
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
GB
Hi, being a bit of a DIY'er I could not resist making some coconut caves using direction I found here earlier :hyper:

I duly armed myself with 2 coconuts (2 for a quid at Tesco's) and 2 hair nets (2 for 79p at Superdrugs).

Anyone not knowing what I am on about I will explain if asked :lol:

Anyway, my question is, when made if I place the newly constructed caves in a large bucket (new for this purpose) with old tank water along with some Seachem Florish and keep them in a warm room (where my tanks are) will the Java Moss grow about as fast as if in the tank? Perhaps giving the water a twice daily stir?

It's just that until the moss does take hold the caves will look a mess and I don't really want to spoil the look of my tanks. :look:
 
Problems that may occur:

1) Lack of sufficient lighting for growing

2) If any die-off occurs then theres no filter to clean the water :) not a huge issue with no fish but im sure a stagnent bucket isnt ideal for growth.

Worth a shot though im sure, if it looks grim just chuck it into the tank and cover the tank with a cloth ;) no eye sores.
 
Problems that may occur:

1) Lack of sufficient lighting for growing

2) If any die-off occurs then theres no filter to clean the water :) not a huge issue with no fish but im sure a stagnent bucket isnt ideal for growth.

Worth a shot though im sure, if it looks grim just chuck it into the tank and cover the tank with a cloth ;) no eye sores.

1) Will put the buckets on the window sill for max light also they are specially for the job, ie large dia. but only 8" tall)

2) Will change the water as I do water changes in my tanks, ie. weekly

Worth a shot though im sure, if it looks grim just chuck it into the tank and cover the tank with a cloth ;) no eye sores. :lol: ha ha, getting your own back? :hey:
 
Hehe :P Hope it works out, might be worth posting the results in the planted section :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top