Question on cycling

ger87410

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Here's what I'm going to do with my 55g that crashed. We have 2 very well established tanks. 1 with plants, and the other with a huge ornament. We also have a ton of guppies. We're going to take all the plants, and the huge ornament and put it in the 55g with all our guppies and add some cycle. We're also going to add some of the gravel in the cycled tank to the filter. I bet anyone that I won't lose any. Does everyone think that should work?

What's the bioload on the old compared to the new? If your old tank didn't have as many fish in it, the bacterial population would be less, maybe not enough to support a tank full of guppies. -_- If they're similar enough I don't see why it wouldn't work. Then again, guppies are pretty tough, if you kept a close watch on the water parameters it would probably be okay.

The bioload of the 10g is around 20-30 or so guppies with 5 ghost shrimp. In my 55g, it's an emergency shelter since my other one crashed and it's bioload is real high. Jack dempsey, oscar, 2 pleco, red zebra, 2 clown loaches.

Most reactions

Back