Question for Zebra Danio owners

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
I have 6 Zebra Danios - 4 of which are long finned. However, I have noticed that their fins (especially the long finned ones - they're pectorals most obviously), have turned a yellowish color. I don't remember if they came like this. :huh: It's not all of them - some are definitely more yellow than the others. It's just their fins though, not their bodies so I'm not thinking it's a gender thing. The only problem with my water is high nitrites, but everybody seems to be healthy. Anyone think this is a problem - or has anyone else noticed this with their Danios? Thanks!

Danios don't last long enough in my tank to notice coloration changes. But i have seen them in stores and most of the time they have the yellow fins. I think it means they are happy :) and being well cared for.

I have a five leopard danios (long finned) and after a couple of months in my tank ones tailfin (sorry I don't know the technical name) turned half black, and another ones turned the yellowish color you mentioned. There fin so I don't think there's anything wrong.
-Josh

most of mine have that yellow fin thing. Also, thier anal fin shows distinctive patterns, some of which are really attractive...

Most reactions

Back