Question About Using A Python

celaeno

Arkangel
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
1,217
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
NY, USA
why do the instructions say to remove the aerator and washer from the faucet first? what happens if i don't?
 
I doubt the connection with the python will fit without removing the other...
 
The white plastice fitment screws in to where the airator is. The washer will be unnessasary as it will be Too think and your using a plastic fitment.

I have mine permanatly attached to my downstairs loo sink so i don't have to keep refitting the airator.

Any more help ask.
 
i tried connecting the pump to the tap without the adapter and it fits. i was just wondering if that would be ok, as i didn't quite get the bit with the aerator and washer.
 
ok, i found out that i could just connect the pump directly to the tap without the adapter.

now i got another question... how do i get rid of the leftover water inside the tubing after i finish filling the tank?
 
I just lift the adapter up at about shoulder height and let the water drain as I'm rolling it up. Let me know if you come across an easier method. LOL
 
Hi celaeno :)

A Python is a great help with water changes, but you do need to get a certain routine down pat to make it work easily. This is how I shut mine down.

When I have finished filling my tanks, I turn the switch on the hose to off and carry it into the bathtub. Once there, I turn the switch back on so the water is running through it and put the end into the tub. This will enable the water to drain out freely. Then I go to the kitchen and turn the water off at the tap. Some water will begin draining into the bathtub.

Once this is done, I disconnect the Python from the tap and carry that end into the bathroom and lay it in the tub next to the first end. After this, I hold both ends in my hands and work my way back along them to the center of the hose. I hold this above my head and the water drains out both ends.

I store my Python on a towel rack in the bathroom, so I take the center and thread that over the rack and then do the same with another section as I work my hands back down the hoses. By the time I reach the ends, all the water is drained. I use a long hose and find it's much neater and easier to do this in the bathtub than over my kitchen sink.

This process sounds much worse than it actually is. Once you get the knack of doing it, you will find it's easy and just takes a few minutes.

:D
 
Much easier way is once you are filled stop the water and lift the pipe out of the tank and secure(or take with you) the end and set the python to suck again. while its sucking roll it up making sure you always allow the water enough chance to run down before you loop. as you get to the tap lift it above the tap in height all wraped up and then turn off. unscrew the end and shake abit.

No drips store away.
 
Hi celaeno :)

A Python is a great help with water changes, but you do need to get a certain routine down pat to make it work easily. This is how I shut mine down.

When I have finished filling my tanks, I turn the switch on the hose to off and carry it into the bathtub. Once there, I turn the switch back on so the water is running through it and put the end into the tub. This will enable the water to drain out freely. Then I go to the kitchen and turn the water off at the tap. Some water will begin draining into the bathtub.

Once this is done, I disconnect the Python from the tap and carry that end into the bathroom and lay it in the tub next to the first end. After this, I hold both ends in my hands and work my way back along them to the center of the hose. I hold this above my head and the water drains out both ends.

I store my Python on a towel rack in the bathroom, so I take the center and thread that over the rack and then do the same with another section as I work my hands back down the hoses. By the time I reach the ends, all the water is drained. I use a long hose and find it's much neater and easier to do this in the bathtub than over my kitchen sink.

This process sounds much worse than it actually is. Once you get the knack of doing it, you will find it's easy and just takes a few minutes.

:D

*****
 
Much easier way is once you are filled stop the water and lift the pipe out of the tank and secure(or take with you) the end and set the python to suck again. while its sucking roll it up making sure you always allow the water enough chance to run down before you loop. as you get to the tap lift it above the tap in height all wraped up and then turn off. unscrew the end and shake abit.

No drips store away.
Exactly what I do.

As for the aerator and washer, the adapter screws into the faucet so if the aerator is there, there is nothing to screw it into. The washer may be optional. On my kitchen faucet, I can leave the washer and there is still enough threads to screw the adapter in. On the bathroom faucet there isn't so I have to remove it too.

Also, another tip on using it. When you use it to remove water, it wastes a lot of water too as about half the water going down the drain is from the faucet and not the tank. I generally connect mine in the bathroom. Once I get it started, I pinch the hose, cut off the water, disconnect the hose, take the end to the tub and let it go. It will syphon the water out just fine although a little slower than if it were connected to the faucet and the water running. Once you have removed all the water you want, simply reconnect it to refill the tank.
 
Much easier way is once you are filled stop the water and lift the pipe out of the tank and secure(or take with you) the end and set the python to suck again. while its sucking roll it up making sure you always allow the water enough chance to run down before you loop. as you get to the tap lift it above the tap in height all wraped up and then turn off. unscrew the end and shake abit.

No drips store away.
Exactly what I do.

As for the aerator and washer, the adapter screws into the faucet so if the aerator is there, there is nothing to screw it into. The washer may be optional. On my kitchen faucet, I can leave the washer and there is still enough threads to screw the adapter in. On the bathroom faucet there isn't so I have to remove it too.

Also, another tip on using it. When you use it to remove water, it wastes a lot of water too as about half the water going down the drain is from the faucet and not the tank. I generally connect mine in the bathroom. Once I get it started, I pinch the hose, cut off the water, disconnect the hose, take the end to the tub and let it go. It will syphon the water out just fine although a little slower than if it were connected to the faucet and the water running. Once you have removed all the water you want, simply reconnect it to refill the tank.

Your Scaring me!!!! I also don't leave it running on drain. im lucker that my sink is lower than the 2/3 of the tank so i get it started then just turn it off and it drains away. I clamp the pipe so it goes down as far as i need it and just let it do it over 30 mins. it auto stops once its got to the level of the pipe.

Yes its a bit slower but less waste is better.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top