Question About Tank Size (volumes)

saz326

Fish Herder
Joined
Sep 23, 2008
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Hertfordshire
When people post on here, they always add the tank size.....

Is this how much water the tank holds when it has no decorations, Or is it the amount of water that fits in the tank once you have allowed for the space taken up by gravel, logs, plants, filters, heaters etc.

I ask this because I have a 65 litre small tank that I know I only ever put about 50 litres of water in. (deep gravel for planting + rocks and wood + never fill to top). -_-

Plus - Would it be worth always sticking to litres when explaining tank size as American and UK Gallons are gifferent sizes?

?? :S ??
 
hi
when people refer to the tank size, i believe most are referring to the total volume the tank can hold,

i think most people use the litres or U.S Gallon form, the latter being the one which has sort of become the standard measurement in fish keeping it seems.
 
i always state the actual volume the tank could hold if empty of decorations etc. simple reason for thisis i dont know how to work out how much water they displace :rolleyes:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top