Question About Setting Up Hospital Tank...

Inchyally

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
262
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
US
This relates to fish emergencies, but this isn't an emergency in itself, so I posted it here.

If I were to set up a small 1 or 5 gallon hospital tank, could I use water from my established tank to speed up the cycle, or would it still need to do a full cycle? Thanks. :)
 
ive just had to set one up for use immediately, i used water from the main tank and new water (about 50:50 split)

i also used a couple of sponges out of the main tank's filter in the new tank so its up and running straight away
 
ive just had to set one up for use immediately, i used water from the main tank and new water (about 50:50 split)

i also used a couple of sponges out of the main tank's filter in the new tank so its up and running straight away

Okay then, when I get the little tank I'll do the same. Thanks. :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top