What's new

Question about Ferts Tabs

maryl830

Reaction score
Hello! I added 2 ferts tabs to my 10 gal tank last night, and today, the water is very cloudy. I'm worried about the well-being of my betta. Can anyone give me some advice? I appreciate your help. The cloudy picture looks cloudier in person.

Attachments

Last edited:

Byron

Reaction score
Which brand of substrate tabs did you use? Did you disturb the gravel much when you inserted them?

Byron

Reaction score
I am not familiar with that brand. From reading the information linked, it seems the tabs dissolve in a few hours. It is possible that this released excess nutrient into the water. I wold make sure the tab is well buried, and not disturbed.

As for the effect on the Betta, this is likely nothing to worry about. The cloudiness may be a bacterial bloom (caused by the release of the nutrients/organics). Bacterial blooms are usually harmless, though they can over time cause ammonia to increase. If this were me, I would probably do a partial water change and then monitor things.

OP
M

maryl830

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your input, Byron! I thought i might do a partial change, too, but i'll wait a day to see if it clears.

trending

Staff online

Most reactions - Past 7 days