Quarantine or not

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Agus

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just finished my fishless cycle and I want to buy 3-4 goldfish at once from a hobbyist (who also a breeder) in my area. Is it ok if I added them directly to the new tank without quarantine in separate tank/container?

The main reason for quarantine is to protect your existing fish from diseases or bugs that may be introduced by the new fish. As you have no existing fish go ahead and put them straight in.

Totally agree. They’re already together. What are you getting? Goldfish do need larger tanks. 20 gallons for the first fancy goldfish and 10 gallons for each additional. Single tails need 100 gallons for one and are really pond fish. I have 3 female fancies in a 55G and 2 males in a 45 gallon. Would love to see pics of your new babies. So exciting!

I haven't bought them yet and it's not gonna happened at least for another week. I'm planning to get ranchu, oranda and ryukin. How big are your babies now Deanasue?

My largest is about 8”. She’s a black moor that’s 2.5 years old. The rest average about 4”. I do have comets and shubunkins in my pond and the oldest is about a foot long now.

You made some good choices in Goldie’s to purchase. Please post pics when you get them. :)

Actually it's quite difficult to get specific goldfish as I wanted here. Probably ended up I have to buy from seller in different province.

Most reactions

Back