Quarantine Feeders

joshrm115

Fish Crazy
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
USA, California
I know it is not a good idea to feed your fish feeders but what if I quarantine the Feeders for a week, and then treat them as if they where sick even if there not wouldn't that work? It would feed my fish and the medication I will use on the feeders will go in the belle's of my fish boosting there immune system. right? :unsure:
 
To be truly safe, you need to quarantine them for a minimum of 2 weeks and preferable 4. Some diseases such as ich have a life cycle such that a week isn't long enough for it to show up.
 
the medication I will use on the feeders will go in the belle's of my fish boosting there immune system. right? :unsure:
Nope, using meds doesn't "boost" immune systems.
Using meds unneccessarily leads to organisms becoming resistant - over use of antibiotics has helped create the "superbugs" around today as they have become resistant to regular antibiotics.
Also some meds canhave harmful side effects - often these side effects are outweighed by the good side of the med, but if the illness isn't there to begin with then all you are doing is potentially making the recipient sick.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top