Python

Yep I have one. Got mine from ebay. They come in a couple different lengths. Basically they attach to your taps (via an adaptor). The pressure of the water creates a syphon to take the water out/gravel vac. Then you push the adaptor part (sorry technical names are not my forte) up to put the water back in.

I believe people make their own with a water bed valve thingy (see told ya I wasnt technical).

I think the money mine cost, £60 for a 50ft python was well worth it, because I no longer have to carry buckets to and from the tank. No strain, no mess, less time consuming. Depends on the size and amount of tanks you have depends on whether they are worth it.

Alternatively you can have a longer length normal gravel vac and syphon straight out a door and refill via a normal garden hose.
 
what i dont understand about them is declorinating the water being put into the tank? Chlorine and chloramine harms the fish so how do you put the de-chlorinator in the water? Do you put it in when its in the tank?

Thanks for your responses guys, ill have to look into this...

Will
 
the Python creates oxygen bubbles that help eliminate chlorine. I put the dechlorinator in the stream of water while re-filling. I love mine !
 
the Python creates oxygen bubbles that help eliminate chlorine. I put the dechlorinator in the stream of water while re-filling. I love mine !

I did the same thing with mine. Greatest invention for pain-free water changes ever!
 
i only have 1 55 gallon tank and it is definitely well worth it. i just put the dechlorinator in the tank as it is filling up and the fish have always been fine. in the US you can get a 25ft one for about $30....$30 well spent!
 
Yep I do the same, double dose dechlor as the water is going back in. Easy. :thumbs:
 
Why double dose out of interest? I've heard that a few times, I was unsure why though.
 
I do it because I was informed that was the best way to do it. I guess because you are not adding it to the water first before putting it in the tank, therefore making sure that it is all dechlorinated. Also because unless you are exactly sure how much you took out, you cant be as accurate on how much you are putting back in. You guesstimate (well I do!). More dechlor than is needed wont harm the fish, so why not? LOL.
 
I do it because I was informed that was the best way to do it. I guess because you are not adding it to the water first before putting it in the tank, therefore making sure that it is all dechlorinated. Also because unless you are exactly sure how much you took out, you cant be as accurate on how much you are putting back in. You guesstimate (well I do!). More dechlor than is needed wont harm the fish, so why not? LOL.

Makes sense when you put it like that.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top