Python Trouble

Inchworm

Li'l Ole Fish Lady
Joined
Aug 31, 2003
Messages
19,720
Reaction score
16
Points
38
Location
New York
Last night, just as I was finishing up with refilling my tanks, the on/off switch of my python snapped off. Water squirted up out of the hole and I had to make a dash to the bath tub to throw it in, and then run back to the kitchen to turn the faucet off.

Has anyone else ever had a problem with their python? What happened? :unsure:

BrokenPython.jpg
 
I'd say it broke ;P

For a work around, try to force the valve into the open position, cover the area with loads of gaffer tape to water-proof it and then install another valve on the pipe somewhere if you want/need to use one :good:

Unless it's still under guarantee, in which case, take it back :nod:

All the best
Rabbut
 
Looks to me you are a hard working lady... ;)

Stuff just breaks over time, from the friction, and the forces applied to them.

Too bad they don't make stuff like they did back in the day, where everything was made out of metal...lol.

-FHM
 
if its an inlet and still works that way, mazey were it leaks
with silicon they might call it something else in the states
but just an all round sealant non toxit :good:
 
Looks like you broke it pretty good. :crazy: You can pick up individual pieces at Petsmart or order them, I had to do that for the part that attaches to the sink. :good:
 
Yes, the part that broke only cost $6 or $7. There is a similar part made by Lee's, for their python type hose, and they are interchangeable. I like the original green Python best.

BTW, the washers are the same ones that fit ordinary garden hoses. My lfs doesn't carry them because they are so common, but when I had to find one off season, I had to go to several stores before I could find any. Now I keep a few spares, just in case. :D
 
Yes, the part that broke only cost $6 or $7. There is a similar part made by Lee's, for their python type hose, and they are interchangeable. I like the original green Python best.

BTW, the washers are the same ones that fit ordinary garden hoses. My lfs doesn't carry them because they are so common, but when I had to find one off season, I had to go to several stores before I could find any. Now I keep a few spares, just in case. :D

Glad you got it fixed. :good: I refuse to keep fish without one, whoever invented it should get a Nobel Prize. :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top