Putting A Green Terror In With A Tiger Oscar

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks. Lucky for me, I live in Los Angeles and there is a plethora of tropical fish stores. I've weeded out the bad and only go to the good. There are a few that truly know what they're talking about and will give sound advice regardless of making a sale, I've been going there for a long time and we've built up a good rapport. Keep in mind, when I did ask for advice on this issue from the LFS, I already had the fish, it's not like I was going to buy anything from them. They could have easily said, "no, you don't want to do that, you'll want to go with one of these (insert fish type here), we have them in stock!" But I appreciate all the feedback I get on this website as well. This issue has been resolved for me though, I put another tiger oscar in with the original tiger oscar and they are both as happy as can be. My green terror seems to be especially aggressive.

I just added a red devil, and green terror about 4.5” each with my large tiger Oscar and 7 red hooks. The new additions are great as not one fish is being aggressive to the others. So basically just saying it depends on the fish sometimes they don’t work and sometimes they r fantastic as mine are. So very happy with the additions was very nervous adding them but it worked so yay!! My LFS said u never know which I believe to always be the case, some just say do it to sell fish and others will tell the best they can so depend on the store...

This thread is from 2012.

B Hall, I'd highly suggest re homing the red devil and possibly the green terror. Red devils are extremely aggressive and he will more than likely kill your oscar when he gets bigger. The green terror may work, may not.

Things may seem fine now, but when that red devil gets big..... he's going to be a murderer.

What size tank do you have?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back