Purple Fish?

goodness me minx, you dont hang about :lol: sounds like its going to look fabby, can we have a look, plllleeeaasee :) congrats on finding one so fast :)
shelagh xxxx
 
goodness me minx, you dont hang about :lol: sounds like its going to look fabby, can we have a look, plllleeeaasee :) congrats on finding one so fast :)
shelagh xxxx


Well you gave me the tip ;) on the tank, as soon as I found one, that was it!

Should arrive this week, will post pics once its up and ready - oh about an hour after it get here :D

Still no closer to finding fish for it though - maybe purple fish would be a bit too much, might not be able to see them in all the purple haze. So thinking about what to go in it - something simple and shoaling would be good, another excuse to visit all the local fish shops in the area - such a chore :lol:
 
How about some white/silver fish and a purple light? Then you could turn it off when your eyes start to hurt...! :lol:
Looking forward to seeing the pics!
 
Albino fish often have dark pink/purple features and might compliment the tank, would be cool (if possible) to have an all albino tank.
 
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The place I ordered it from, have just phoned to say, they no longer have any purple ones left!!!!! And aparently aqua one have stopped making them in purple :( Im gutted :sad:

So the hunt continues, anyone see any of these tanks anywhere - let me know please.
 
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The place I ordered it from, have just phoned to say, they no longer have any purple ones left!!!!! And aparently aqua one have stopped making them in purple :( Im gutted :sad:

So the hunt continues, anyone see any of these tanks anywhere - let me know please.

If you send Dan Robbins a PM he works for a store that stocks Aqua One 320 and might be able to help you out.
 
oh thats a bummer. sorry minx, ill keep my eye out for you :)
Some of my blue mickey mouse platys have a purple sheen to them if thats any good???

TANK104.jpg
I know, its just not purple enough.

Do rainbow fish have purple on them?

If you bought some albinos and used a purple light would that work?
 
Those platies look nice alyson :)

Well after a lengthy search this afternoon, Ive given up on the purple tank - but not the idea of a purple based tank.

So Im going with a black tank, same make as I already have, with purple background, sand etc as before - it will have to do, plus this tank has an extra 5 gallons to play with :)

Seen some lovely guppies with a nice colouration to them and will probably get some more albino cories as I love them too - Im sure they will look great with purple sand coming out their gills LOL.
 
Those platies look nice alyson :)

Well after a lengthy search this afternoon, Ive given up on the purple tank - but not the idea of a purple based tank.

So Im going with a black tank, same make as I already have, with purple background, sand etc as before - it will have to do, plus this tank has an extra 5 gallons to play with :)

Seen some lovely guppies with a nice colouration to them and will probably get some more albino cories as I love them too - Im sure they will look great with purple sand coming out their gills LOL.

Well I found you some purplish fish - but they wont fit in a 10g I dont think:

Pseudotropheus lanistcola,pseudeotropheus aurora, pelvicachromis tawniatus which are all chichlids, cape yorks Rainbowfish (Melanotaenia slendida splendidaa) - these were the ones I remember being purple but they unfortunately grow to 6 inch . There is an American Characin Boehlkea fredcochui which is a 2 inch schooling fish with a purple sheen to it.

Yes, Ive had my Baensch out whilst the kids had a bath. Sorry youre not going purple any more! I quite liked the idea.
 
Still purple themed, just the tank outside will be black, or though Im toying with the idea of spray painting the lid!!!

Thanks for the research, will google that lot and see what I come up with :)
 
Yep did think of one of those, was concerned about the heater on the plastic though, plus its a bit wee!!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top