Puffer & Mudskipper

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Could mudskippers be kept in the same tank as puffers?

They are brackish fish, so you'd have to have a brackish puffer. But yes, I think they can as long as there is somewhere that they can get out the water. :good:

Don't quote me on that, though.

Sorry this is off topic but Fella, I have the following questions for you:

Where did you get your mudskippers?
and
I was watching some of your other videos, and where'd you get your Gymnotus carapo?
Thanks,
GobyMaster

Just local stores, i don't specifically order them or anything. The mudskippers were reasonably difficult to track, the guy who wrote the mudskipper section in Neale Monks' book ID'd them as being the difficult to find P. gracilis, and I paid £50 for 5. Then they one by one got wiped out by one aggressive one, who then wasted away. Certainly too tricky for me to keep again realistically. As for the zebra knife, bought that at a local store, kept it for about a month, then it ate all of my harlequin rasboras one night (not a massive size difference) so he too had to go when i was closing a few tanks down.

Thanks for answering! My main concern had been that since puffers can be aggressive that they would scare the mudskippers from going in to the water. Also, Fella, do you have any advice for such a tank?

Most mudskippers don't really venture into the water anyway. best advice I can give is just to make sure all holes and gaps are filled...

Could mudskippers be kept in the same tank as puffers?

Late response but for anyone else reading, i would say its a bad idea. I have mudskippers and they are ammonia factories. Puffers are extremely sensitive to ammonia. They dont sem like a good match. Mudskippers make a cool specimen tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back