Pseudocrenilabrus Nicholsi

Just googled it - beautiful cichlid.

Might do best to move this to the cichlid forum - think its african..... dont quote me on that tho.

Wish i had a tank I could have one in.
 
Yes I have kept these. I currently have a nice male. No females in the shop so I'll pick one up when I see one.
They get to about 3". They are quite easy to breed. I have bred the Multicolours on a couple of occasions. From my experience they like good water quality as well.
I have not had any major issues with the agression, but it depends on what you keep them in with. Like most fish species, males will fight.

Hope this helps
 
I've got 5 of these right now. They are africans, Males will fight best to keep only one male and give him at least 2 females. They are mouth brooders. The female will hold the egss/fry for 10 to 14 days before releasing them. Feed the fry a variety of live foods and crushed flake and slowly remove live foods and replace with frozen if desired. Requires the high protein foods. Likes planted tanks and rockwork for hiding in. I've kept mine with a couple of cories and a bristlenose. I keep mine in a 29 gal that is loaded with plants and such.

Here is a good read on them, I had found a few others but this one seems like more details on it.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/FWSubWebIndex/p...crenilabrus.htm
 

Most reactions

Back
Top