Problem With Adf?

paulypaul182

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Messages
232
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Birmingham, Uk
Hi,

I just noticed that my biggest ADF is just hanging around the surface of the tank motionless. Ive tapped him and he moved but didnt go back down like he usually does. Ive checked him and theres no marks on him. Ive also checked the water and the results are normal (ammonia 0, Nitrate 0, Nitrite 0, Ph 7.5). Hes fed ok since Ive had him and today wold be his feeding day (Iwas about to feed them and noticed him there). The danios are pecking him a bit and the Rams are eyeing him up. The last fish I added to the tank was nearly 4 weeks back and Ive had no problems. I have two filters (fluval 4 plus and 2 plus) and both have been matured for over 6 months.
Have I and the frog got a problem? Hes just hanging at the top not moving but alive.

EDIT
Just noticed that its two, not one hanging up there. One was actually sitting on top of the algae magnet. Also, the other one is on the gravel directly below them

2nd EDIT
Ok, one has just bolted down to the gravel but is holding its back legs in a strange way, and was doing this when sitting on the magnet. If you can imagine the frogs knees bent inwards fully but its legs above his body, not its body which would be normal.
 
Oh heck, sorry I know nothing about frogs, but it doesnt sound right does it, have you increased aeration into the tank, maybe they are suffering from a lack of oxygen.
 
ADF's breathe at the surface and not through gills like fish so I don't think that would be your problem. Is the frog bloated?
 
Oh heck, sorry I know nothing about frogs, but it doesnt sound right does it, have you increased aeration into the tank, maybe they are suffering from a lack of oxygen.


Theyre amphibian so aeration doesnt affect them. The fish who breath the oxygen in the water are fine. Ive just done a 50% water change but no look. Its only one frog now, the other is swimming about fine.

ADF's breathe at the surface and not through gills like fish so I don't think that would be your problem. Is the frog bloated?

His belly is flat and hasnt been fed since Tuesday. I wish I could post pictures but im still waiting for the equipment to upload them to the PC.
 
hehe see, said I knew nothing about frogs, hope hes ok though.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top