Pristellas Chasing Each Other Non-stop!

crazychris

Fishaholic
Joined
Aug 9, 2008
Messages
470
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
East London
I've had 6 Pristella tetras, X-rays, for a month so they're not very big yet, though one's noticeably bigger than the other 5 but was when I bought them. They've started chasing each other all round the tank non-stop all day!!! All water parameters are spot-on so why would they do this? It's not bullying as it's not one in particular that's doing the chasing. They're all chasing each other. They even ignored food just now as they were totally absorbed with finding and chasing each other!! Weird!! They didn't do it until yesterday.
 
I've had 6 Pristella tetras, X-rays, for a month so they're not very big yet, though one's noticeably bigger than the other 5 but was when I bought them. They've started chasing each other all round the tank non-stop all day!!! All water parameters are spot-on so why would they do this? It's not bullying as it's not one in particular that's doing the chasing. They're all chasing each other. They even ignored food just now as they were totally absorbed with finding and chasing each other!! Weird!! They didn't do it until yesterday.
Not an expert by any means , just sounds like normal tetra behaviour , scooling / shoaling fish will do this. I have 11 Lemon Tetras , think they are mostly if not all males and the are always chasing each other and flaring up , just jockying for top dog position..... enjoy the spectacle :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top