Prepearing To Transfer To New Tank.

tez2k007

Fish Crazy
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Gateshead
About to move fish from old tank to new tank.

Water temp is the same but tested ph and my old tank is around 6 where as my new tank is closer to 7. Is this a problem. I also do plan to add the water from my current 33g to my new 105g.
 
is there any reason for the pH change?
if not then i would recomend transfering as you would when buying from lfs in a bag and add water bit by bit over a period of time to get the fish more used to the new pH levels, this will take longer but should increase your chances of not getting a pH shock to the fish.
if you have left the new tank for 24 hrs or so then its pretty much stabalised at that pH so without adding things to lower then theres not much you can do, i think.....
is there any objects etc that might be in your old tank that would lower the pH?
 
is there any reason for the pH change?
if not then i would recomend transfering as you would when buying from lfs in a bag and add water bit by bit over a period of time to get the fish more used to the new pH levels, this will take longer but should increase your chances of not getting a pH shock to the fish.
if you have left the new tank for 24 hrs or so then its pretty much stabalised at that pH so without adding things to lower then theres not much you can do, i think.....
is there any objects etc that might be in your old tank that would lower the pH?

Not sure. I have rocks in the old tank but was not planning on putting them in new one. Also old tank I use gravel and new one I am using sand. I will just reintroduce like I did when bought them cheers.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top