Premiership 2006/2007

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

You have to say no such thing! :p surely I'm not the only one on here to support someone outside the Premiership's top six?

:unsure:

anyone?

????

I reckon Owen would have been a revelation back at Liverpool, as I doubt he would have fallen foul of the Newcastle curse at Anfiald.
He'd hardly be a "revalation" we trained him and made him into what he is :rolleyes:

Owen doesn't have a "Newcastle Curse" he is just plain injury prone :nod: if he weren't, he'd have scored even more goals than he has :hyper: and he'd not be at Newcastle, he'd either still be at Anfield or Real.

It's all irrelevant though, the reason we don't want him back is that he stated he would sign his new contract when there was 2 years left on his old one, but delayed and delayed and delayed until Benitez came in and gave him the ultimatum, sign it or we sell you, he didn't sign! I have no doubts that had the utimatum not been issued, he'd have waited until January and signed a contract with Real to go on a free the following summer. We got £8m when if he'd been honest the previous season as Robbie Fowler was when he was in a similar position, Liverpool could have got near on £40m. He cost the club £32m in transfer fees as he had no intention to stay, in fact if left to his own devices (as he would have been under Houllier) he'd have gone on a free. It's just karma that he went to Real (to win things :rofl: ), became a bit part player, won nothing and Liverpool went on to lift the greatest prize in club football without him :lol: and close the gap on Chel$ki, Manyoo and (overtake) Arsenal. Now he's at Newcastle where if he's lucky he'll get a cup :rofl:

I'm sure he'll be back at Liverpool one day though :nod: but like Fowler, he'll have to be taking a wage cut and be showing passion for the red shirt and he'll have to be cheaper than we sold him for, not £10m MORE ;) at least for me and many others to welcome him back :nod:

Anyway, back on topic :) Announced today: Liverpool have got 11 televised matches this year including the first game of the season against Sheff Utd, the other usual suspects are in there too with Everton, Arsenal, ManYoo, Chelski, Spurs. I'd ditch the last 3 though, not sure Blackburn, Charlton and Boro are worth televising :blink: there must be 3 better games than them to show :crazy:

Arfie

The top 7 of the table will look like this at the end of this coming season:

1. Chelski
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal
5. Man Utd
6. Boro
7. Sheff Utd.

That's what I reckon!!

Michel Owen = traitor i wouldnt welcome him back

but our transfer doesnt stop there as we are still on look out for another striker and right wing

but then again i rather used FSP on the right wing as the lad show us what he can do score 2 wicked goal at Luton that kept us in the game

September 2006 will be hard month fellow kop lads

here a list of our 11 game that will appear on sky sport this is for Liverpool Fixture only

v Sheffield United (AWAY) – Saturday 19th August 2006, Kick-Off 12.45 pm

v West Ham United (HOME) – Saturday 26th August 2006, Kick-Off 12.45 pm (PAY PER VIEW)

v Everton (AWAY) – Saturday 9th September 2006, Kick-Off 12.45 pm (PAY PER VIEW)

v Chelsea (AWAY) – Sunday 17th September 2006, Kick-Off 1.30 pm

v Tottenham Hotspur (HOME) – Saturday 23rd September 2006, Kick-Off 12.45 pm

v Bolton Wanderers (AWAY) – Saturday 30th September 2006, Kick-Off 12.45 pm

v Manchester United (AWAY) – Sunday 22nd October 2006, Kick-Off 1.00 pm

v Arsenal (AWAY) – Sunday 12th November 2006, Kick-Off 4.00 pm

v Middlesbrough (AWAY) – Saturday 18th November 2006, Kick-Off 5.15 pm (PAY PER VIEW)

v Charlton Athletic (AWAY) – Saturday 16th December 2006, Kick-Off 12.45 pm (PAY PER VIEW)

v Blackburn Rovers (AWAY) – Tuesday 26th December 2006, Kick-Off 3.00 pm (PAY PER VIEW

Most reactions

Back