Premiership 2006/2007

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

keane

Fish Herder
Reaction score
....Why are there no Sunday fixtures except for the last day of the season???

Does this have anything to do with the divvying up of TV games between Sky/ITV/Setanta at all or does that not come into effect for a season or two??

On a different note (as a Liverpool fan) nice to see we can wipe the smile/grimace of Neil Warnock's face on the first day of the season :hyper:. By christ, that man is a tunnel visioned pompous a**ehole!!

Am sure Mr Bellamy will be looking to net a couple for us on his premiership debut (on the basis that he does sign...which I am sure he will! -_- )

Nice easy run in for us as well at the end of the season as we finally collect our first Premiership title! :good:

That's not a bad run in at all, nor is it a bad xmas/new year period either :D

I'm not sure if there are any Sunday games or not, I assume they will be changed over to Sunday when Sky have decided which matches to televise :unsure: The setanta thing is not till next season though.

Now then, when do the Liverpool Sheff Utd tickets go on sale :hyper:

Arfie

I'm not sure if there are any Sunday games or not, I assume they will be changed over to Sunday when Sky have decided which matches to televise :unsure:
Yeah, have just thought exactly the same :nod:.

I have always wondered whether the Sky Sports chief exec/boss is actually a Liverpool fan, because we always seem to get more televised games than most... Maybe just me.. -_- ?

Hurrah...Bellamy has signed a four year deal!!
Not sure about him :no: He was a promising player at Norwich, but his antics at Newcastle are a worry -_- .

The boy is undoubtedly talented and he can and will score goals, but if he gets a "bag on" and his attitude dives like it did for the Toon, we'll lose money getting rid of him :/

Lets just hope he is the Liverpool fan he claims to be and plays for the shirt with the pride he should :D and takes us on to the next step :nod: Just one more striker and right midfielder needed now :D

Arfie

Naturaly, being a Wigan Rugby fan, i'm glad latics have lost alot of their players and not signed any and would be looking for fellow premiership teams to restore Dave Whelans hope in the Rugby team if you know what I mean.

Naturaly, being a Wigan Rugby fan, i'm glad latics have lost alot of their players and not signed any and would be looking for fellow premiership teams to restore Dave Whelans hope in the Rugby team if you know what I mean.

Is there really that much rugby/football rivalry? Not just jealous cos the rugby team have gone belly up and the football team have got more publicity for the town than the rugby team ever did? ;)

Plymouth away first day for the Wolves. Couldn't be less interested at the moment, though - while Mr Hoddle is still doing his job ruining our club there's nothing worth looking forward to :no:

Hurrah...Bellamy has signed a four year deal!!

What is it with Liverpool buying crap strikers?
Matt, do us a favour buddy......

....enlighten us all on exactly what part of Bellamy's game you think is crap.....

His blistering pace?...
His proven goalscoring ability?...
His willingness to run for every ball?....
His grit and determination?....
His ability to play down the middle or out on the flanks?....
His passion for Liverpool FC who he has supported since he was a kid?...................

The guy has scored goals at every club he has played for.

steve

Matt, do us a favour buddy......

....enlighten us all on exactly what part of Bellamy's game you think is crap.....

His blistering pace?...
His proven goalscoring ability?...
His willingness to run for every ball?....
His grit and determination?....
His ability to play down the middle or out on the flanks?....
His passion for Liverpool FC who he has supported since he was a kid?...................

The guy has scored goals at every club he has played for.

I'm not saying that Bellamy doesn't have any attributes positive attributes, as he does. What I am saying is that he is not of the quality that Liverpool should be looking to buy. His goal scoring record is only 1 in 3 at best and that is when he has been playing well. Liverpool should be looking forward and trying to challenge for the title, and that just aint gonna happen when they buy players like Bellamy compared to the likes of Shevchenko that Chelsea are buying. Liverpool were mongs not to buy back a world class striker like Owen back when they had the chance last year. Makes it look even worse when you consider how crap the likes of Cisse and Morientes did last year, and on top of that buying Crouch who is by no means top of the premiership quality let alone international quality.

IF Liverpool had bought Michael Owen back for £18Million, he would have played the 11 games for us that he did for Newcastle last season and we'd now be looking at him missing another 5-6 months of football, with another 5-6 games to get match fit again. He would have been a calamatous buy. On top of that I and many other fans don't want him back :no:

It's all well and good saying that Liverpool should have gone and bought someone like Shevchenko, but they quite simply do not have £30M to splash on one player, we've lost the transfer fee for Cisse that could have been put towards another striker. The only top notch strikers who may be available are Torres and Van Nistelrooy and I can't see RVN coming to Anfield and Torres is likely to be £18-20M so again is probably out of Liverpools reach at present :-( .

Arfie

Most reactions

Back