Pregnent platie????????????????????

Be sure to take pictures of the fry! I love baby pictures! :lol:

I can't tell you all the hours I have wasted watching the fry in my tank. Though, it doesn't feel like a waste since I enjoy every moment of it.

Edit: And keep us posted on how the momma is doing too!

W00t!!!!! She had her babies! I only found 1 and moved him to my net and hes hiding in there hes like seethouugh 4 cm longand his eyes are about ans big as his body :p

if his eyes are as big as u say, he might have pop eye. but i don't know, four cm sounds a little long, i know that like 2.8 is like half an inch, i don't think that the baby is over an inch long. but that is cool he's see through. :nod:

Well I can't find the digi cam but now that I look at them better their eyes anr not big and they are about 1 and a half to 2 centimeters long

What do I feed them? Cause I have babay snails in the net aswell with crunched up algae wafers about 4 pieces sitting around will the fry nibble on it also?

They can nibble on the algae wafers, but they need better foods too.

When they are first born, Tetramin Fry Food or Hikari First Bites are best for them. Baby Brine Shrimp is good suppliment to this, or you can just feed that but it's best to vary. Once they grow up a bit, you can add in finely crushed flakes and Freeze-dried, frozen, or Live foods, such as Bloodworms, Brine Shrimp, Tubifex Worms..etc. However, don't feed them just Live, Frozen or Freeze-dried foods however nice it may seem for them. These are all high protein foods, and they can cause them to be constipated or get bloated. Fry are sensitive. You can also try small pieces of blanched veggies, like cucumber, zucchini, peas...etc. :)

Stomach torn open? Did she have birthing complications? This could have happened if she was stressed.... :/

:rip: Little Platy.

Well I woke up fed my fish and I sw her stomach torn open don't know whatheppened but Im sad but atleast I have 2 fry

Poor girl. I'm betting it was some kind of birthing complication. Either that or she died and some other fish started eating her.

Glad to hear you have 2 of her offspring though. :)

Most reactions

Back