Pregnant Swordtails

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

darren69

Reaction score
hi folks

i have 2 very big female swords about 75mm long and very heavy pregnant.

they have been like that since before chistmas but i have no idea when they will give birth.

can anyone help as to when i should move them into a net or another tank as i know all the fry will get eaten by my angels and other fish.

please help.

darren

They may have already given birth and gotten large again. I would move them to a separate tank now and see how things pan out in a couple weeks. Sometimes it's hard to notice when the fish have given birth.

i dont think they have because the gravid spot is very big and black but been like that for while now

Gravid spots aren't a sign of pregnancy, but when they are darker that is the fry inside. I never notice gravid spots in my fish most of the time. Given the fact that it's been two months, you might as well try it as this is way longer than the normal gestation period of the fish.

Gravid spots aren't a sign of pregnancy, but when they are darker that is the fry inside. I never notice gravid spots in my fish most of the time. Given the fact that it's been two months, you might as well try it as this is way longer than the normal gestation period of the fish.

Thats right it's not a 100% thing, but if u can see one about 10 days befor giving birth you can sometime see eye's in it which are the baby fish inside the mother.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back