Pregnant platy

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Natz93

Reaction score
I've had my pregnant platy for 3 weeks now but she's not releasing her fry she keeps hiding and swimming away from others last week she developed a white tube/anal gland I'm just wondering if anyone can help as to when she might release her fry

Attachments

• IMG_20210326_115344.jpg
    IMG_20210326_115344.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 1,873
Doesn't look like the typical squaring off, to me anyway.
Take a careful, close look around the tank, the fry are tiny at first, and will hide.

Thanks for your response I've had a look and doesn't seem to be any in there

Thanks for your response I've had a look and doesn't seem to be any in there
Look very, very closely...if she was squared off, and isn't now, she probably had them....but, they could have been eaten...what other fish are with her?

Just another pregnant female platy they both came together pregnant from the pet shop the bloke said they was anyway she was really round but not so much anymore so I moved them into my smaller 28 litre tank

Just another pregnant female platy they both came together pregnant from the pet shop the bloke said they was anyway she was really round but not so much anymore so I moved them into my smaller 28 litre tank
That's a small tank for 2 platys, they're piggies when it comes to eating, and have large bioloads...just make sure the water params stay in check...

They used to eat loads but she doesn't seem that interested in food anymore only odd bit

Temperature: 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
pH: 7. 5
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 35 ppm

This was last night I check every other day/night

I've had my pregnant platy for 3 weeks now, and I have been trying to work out when she will release her fry, last week she squared off and developed a white tube/anal gland but still no fry any help as to when she might release her fry thanks.
dont worry, im with you. my female swordtail is pregnant for a few months already....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back